Saturday, June 11, 2011

Reminders

I have reminded Lia that if she wakes up and can't find mommy in the early morning, I am in my favorite spot on the patio spending time with God.  As I looked up this morning she came 
out with her typical smile holding her bible and was ready to read it. 
 
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. 
3 John 1:4 

Now that school is out, I am trying to get back into the habit of walking, something I have really neglected lately. Twice this week I got up early and tried to walk before the heat of the day was so overpowering.  Walking down our country road is relaxing and quiet, and gives me time to listen to some good praise music or just hear God speak to me. Pictures do not do the following scenes justice since I took them with my cellphone on my walk, but each scene 
reminded me of a scripture that I felt God wanted me to hear and 
I hope you will enjoy me sharing.
"for every animal of the forest is mine,
   and the cattle on a thousand hills."
Psalm 50:10

like cattle that go down to the plain,
   they were given rest by the Spirit of the LORD.
This is how you guided your people
   to make for yourself a glorious name.  
Isaiah 63:14
 I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! 
They are ripe for harvest.
John 4:35
 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
   my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
Psalm 18:2
 He redeemed my soul from going down to the pit,
   and I will live to enjoy the light.’ 
Job 33:28

 This bush has the sweetest aroma and reminded me that,
'we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are 
being saved and those who are perishing'
2 Cor. 2:15
and thankfully, 
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. 
He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 
2 Peter 3:9
 and these beautiful weeds reminded me of the parable of the weeds in Matthew 13 and 
how the weeds may look so beautiful, but Christ knows the difference and 
He will separate them in HIS perfect time.
And how could I not be reminded of His words as I watched this beautiful white horse?
I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, 
whose rider is called Faithful and True. Rev. 19:11

 Just as I was feeling exhausted, yet thrilled that I had walked SIX miles, I came home to find these on the cabinet.  Is Satan real or what?  Thank goodness there was only one donut left and one little girl more than ready to eat it so I didn't have to succumb to the temptation! 

I was quickly reminded that,
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; 
he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, 
he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
I Cor. 10:13
 

2 comments:

China Dreams said...

Beautiful post and beautiful pictures.

Ruby

susieloulou said...

You are so cute!!