Monday, December 31, 2012

Out with 2012 and in with 2013

As the sun was setting tonight on 2012,  I went outside to take a picture.  
My camera, though, was just my ipad and it doesn't take such great pictures.  


What I saw was a beautiful sunset masked by a layer of fog rolling in to cover the ground.  Thankfully, we were blessed today with a wonderful, much needed rain.  Sadly, this beautiful fog and much needed rain will likely be a deadly mixture tonight when some combine it with alcohol to ring in a new year.  For many years, we have brought in the new year at home with our friends and family.  This year is no different.  I can't think of anywhere else I would rather be; surrounded by my family, sitting in front of a fire, with the lights of the Christmas tree still glowing for one last night.  It is my hope and prayer that as many people end one year and bring in another they will think before drinking and driving.  Oh, how I wish I didn't know personally the destructive effects of alcohol and how it has affected my friends and loved ones over the years, but I do and I pray it never has to affect your friends and/or family.
 May you have a safe ending to
 2012 
and a beautiful and prosperous
 2013!

No comments: