Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Spirit of Thanksgiving

If you frequently stop by my blog you will notice some changes.  I wanted to add our family photo, but the other background just didn't look well with it,  so I hope you like the look.  If not, stick around and if you know me very well, you know it probably won't last too long!  You may also notice the new song I added today.  Take a minute and really listen to the words and cherish the thought that HE is the one we can praise through the storms of life. 

Why on Earth would I add such a song when it is Thanksgiving?  I have come to realize that being thankful often takes work and effort.  The work and effort that are sometimes hard and take thought.  As Christians living in America, we are blessed beyond measure and want to be thankful, but when the storms of life come, thankfulness is easier said than done.  That's where we have to make a choice.  Are we going to let the storms of life steal our joy and thankfulness or are we going to praise HIM through the storm.

The storm clouds have moved our way recently, but I am CHOOSING to praise my heavenly Father, my refuge and strength, my very great reward.  He is MY miracle-working God and the ONE in whom I place my trust.  He is the reason I can celebrate Thanksgiving no matter what circumstances ever come my way.  I hope and pray you too will CHOOSE to be thankful, no matter what is happening around you.

These are some of the things that help me make the choice to be thankful:

A precious four year old, singing Jesus Loves Me...funny how she forgot the words and needed my help with, "they are weak, but He is strong." Yes, those were the words I needed to remember!
A beautiful, fun spirited, eleven year old who plays with her little sister when I am too tired!
Son's who love their momma even though they may not always show it,
and care enough about their little sister to make her feel special.
A husband that ADORES his family and places each of our interests before his own.
Then there are the words of encouragement from faithful friends and family that 
brighten my day at just the right moment.

Such moments can not be captured by a photo, but will forever be captured in the memory of my heart.  You are the ones that help me remember that no matter how hard the storm rages, 
I have more to be thankful for than any storm could ever blow away!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful picture of your family Suzette. Love the song..I think it is so appropreiate with what everyone who loves the Lord goes through everyday. It is a stuggle to make him first and we should be gratefull he is so loving, forgiving and gracious. Have a blessed Thanksgiving with your family.

Joan

Waitingfaithfully said...

Suzette,

Praying that Jesus is at the helm of your boat as you weather this storm--saying, "Peace, be still." I'm thankful for your choice to be thankful, and for sharing your blessings.

Blessings to you and yours~

Tina

Marcy said...

I am thankful for you and your wonderful family. Your blog is an inspiration to me. Your family has always had a special place in my heart. Love ya'll and wish you a very happy thanksgiving!