Saturday, February 5, 2011

Childlike understanding

This morning Lia was looking at my notebook with the following scripture,

"I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength."
Phil. 4:13

and she asked, "What does that mean?"
I told her it means we can do ANYTHING when Jesus helps us,
trying to explain to the understanding of a 5 year old still learning the language. 
I asked her, "What is something that is hard for you to do?"  
She replied, "Like cleaning my room?"
Yes, even cleaning our room!  
Oh, how I wish that was the hardest thing I had to do these days!
To have the faith of a child, isn't that what we are all called to have?

Here are our photos from another day at home as we enjoyed the snow:
 My two angels, making snow angels

Time for building a snowman with Daddy
The finished product sporting his new USMC hat!
 Sliding is fun in any weather!

                      David even got out the bread maker that hadn't been out of the cabinet in years.
Cinnamon raisin bread certainly made for a wonderful smell and the taste was YUM!
 This picture of my road reminded me of "A Road Less Traveled," by Robert Frost.
As I follow the Lord, I know there are times when I will have to take that road, but I will continue to remember that He will give me the strength for the journey.

"I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
          Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—    
              I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."

No comments: