Sunday, February 20, 2011

Thank you, Lord!

I don't know what all Lia learned in Awana's tonight, but apparently she learned the most important thing of all: to praise God at all times!  Throughout the rest of the evening you could hear her in that sweet little (loud) Chinese/American accent saying,

THANK YOU, LORD!

It was too cute!

Yesterday, we spent the day watching Tia and her team play basketball.  After four games they won the championship game and were SO excited.  I tried to take pictures, but unfortunately, my camera gave me a message saying "battery exhausted."  So was I at that point, after sitting on the hard bleachers for many hours!  Mimi got some cute ones, so I'll post them later.  We had a great time and it was so much fun cheering on our girls.  They worked hard and made us proud! I guess I will never cease to be amazed at parents though.  Some of them obviously haven't figured out yet that the world does NOT revolve around our kids sports.  I had a parent from the opposing team yelling in my ear that we were cheating as she was making a complete fool of herself.   It really took some restraint on my part to keep from explaining some things to her!

Today was such a joy as we had a time of sharing our "cardboard testimonies" at church.  What an incredible way to share so much without ever uttering a word.  It was powerful and God was glorified. Check out some of the videos on youtube if you want to see some wonderful testimonies.  I'll let you know if ours was recorded or not later. Tonight, was a truly humbling experience as David was voted on to serve as a deacon in our church.  This is not something we take lightly and know that with the honor comes great responsibilities.  We look forward to serving in this capacity and thank those that put the faith in his ability to serve.

Finding time to blog is not always easy so in case you don't hear from me again for a little while:

Have a great week, be blessed and be a blessing!

No comments: