Monday, June 2, 2014

In the arms of Jesus


Almost one year ago God gave me the opportunity to hold a precious little girl who gained her angel wings today.  She was so frail and emotionless as she watched the others play and toddle around the room. In that crowded toddler room, in an orphanage on the other side of the world I cradled her in my arms and prayed over her and begged the God of heaven to send a family for her.  He heard our prayers and sent a family.  One who loved and cherished her and did their very best to make sure she knew she was loved in return.  As I reflect on the moments I had with her, I feel as though God gave me a glimpse of heaven and allowed me to hold one of His angels.  Precious Kya's heart condition was just too severe for her to survive the surgery she would need.

Even though my tears flowed at the thought of her little life gone far too soon, I thank my God for allowing me the blessing of loving His precious child and for letting her know she was loved while in her short time here.
                                                          

Kya Marilyn Keen
Born October 22, 2011
Adopted and loved forever
With Jesus June 2, 1:00 pm

You will be glad to know God heard our pleas.  Kya was in our arms when the machines were turned off and she stormed the gates of heaven.  She lasted two minutes before she breathed her last and struggled no more.

And just so you know, we'd do it all over again if we had to.  We love our bear.
(The above message is from her mommy)

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
Matthew 19:14

1 comment:

Cindy Sparks said...

I just found this post of yours.....this time was such a blurr of tears and hurrying to help get Kya's video done, that I didn't have a chance to see who else had written about her precious little life.
It's so beautiful Suzette. Thank you for the love you have for God's little ones. She knew love through your hands and feet....through the others who traveled to China in your group....and through those prayers of yours she was sent hands to love and hold her unconditionally....
I still remember Tracy's determined and steadfast love for Kya when she landed in China and was a handful of hard details regarding her daughter. She just said "I have to try for her" What a beautiful picture of the love of Christ unfolds in the stories of our children. God's mercy is truly new each day....great is His faithfulness. No matter what circumstance may seem.
God's ways are truly not our ways.....but we can rest in His promises. Thank you for sharing your heart. May you and your sweet family be blessed for all the love you have shown us all!