Friday, March 20, 2009

Welcome Spring...Bye, Bye Spring Break!

We couldn't have asked for a better week for Spring Break and I am not ready for it to end. This beautiful weather just makes me want to be outside. It has been a week of doing nothing which is just what I was looking forward to this week. We went to three baseball games and I spent time trying to clean up and organize my house. Other than that I had the opportunity to finish reading The Shack, a very thought provoking book. Saturday was the first day of Spring and we welcomed it with a conference call with our adoption agency discussing a new application we need to complete, breakfast with my sister's family and a day of shopping for the girls and shooting skeet for the guys. Today we did what we do best in our family- eating and hanging around outside. I made my kids favorite cake and Nathan headed back to college.

We are praising God for another donation to our adoption. We needed to make our next payment for our homestudy within the next two weeks and were $5oo short. Thanks to some of my favorite people we are almost there and if our homestudy packet gets delivered tomorrow after being lost in the mail for a week we hope to have a homestudy scheduled soon. The packet has taken over a week to get about an hour away. Remind me to drive it there next time! Please pray that we hear good news on this Monday. Here are just a few of our pictures from the week.


Teaching mom how to shoot a bow and arrow. I will definately have a bruise on my arm tomorrow! Please don't make too much fun of our beautiful barn in the background. It is still standing after 100 plus years!

Their favorite cake, thanks to my friend, Rebecca. It is Marbled Pumpkin and Chocolate and doesn't last long at my house!

We tried to treat Aunt Sherri like a Princess on her special day. It was lots of fun and she even wore the tiara for a little while. Hope you had a great day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Our family breakfast around the table. Good food and fun conversation made for a great day!

No comments: