Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A day full of surprises

After all of our surprises today I am asking all of my prayer warriors to join us in praying for us over the next few days. Our first big surprise came when Nathan opened his passport on the way to the airport this morning to fly to Guatemala only to discover that it expired last week. I completely forgot that the kids passports are only valid for 5 years not 10. So tomorrow he and dad are taking a flight to Houston to renew it and then back to the airport to hopely fly out tomorrow afternoon. There he will meet the friends that fly out today. Talk about a whirlwind day!

My next big surprise came as I collapsed at my desk after a field trip with about 200 5th graders all day. I got a phone call from our adoption agency asking if I was interested in hearing about a possible referral match. Since our homestudy hasn't even been approved yet this was a total shock! I quickly told her yes I was interested! She proceeded to give me the information on a darling little girl. I can't give out any other details at the moment but we will be taking her information to our pediatrician tomorrow to get some more details.

Please be in prayer for us in the next few days as we seek God's direction and long to hear Him speak to us about His plan for our family.

2 comments:

Jill Spicer said...

AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! What a jaw-dropping surprise!!!!!!! Praying for discernment for you guys.... Jill

cjevans said...

That's so exciting! I will continue to pray for your family!
-Jessie