Friday, November 27, 2009

Make it a lifestyle not just a day


As we stopped to give thanks I can't really think of anything else I could desire for Thanksgiving than what He has given me today. God's word promises us that if we delight in Him, He will give us the desires of our heart. (Psalm 37:4) He has certainly done that for my family. Just having us all together is such a blessing. I give Him the glory that I have the assurance of knowing that all of my kids know the Lord as their personal Savior and have a heart to serve Him. I am so thankful that He gives me a peace that He is in control and He loves my children even more than I do. I was blessed today with not only my immediate family all together, but with my extended family as well. Other than David's side of the family, that we missed getting to see, we had 40 people at our house today and enjoyed every moment of it. I can't wait until we can add another little girl, but in the meantime I know God is working out all of the details for us to be together. I hope and pray each of you were blessed by God's amazing love today. As my pastor reminded us on Sunday, Thanksgiving isn't just a day of the year, it is a lifestyle. Are you living a life of thanksgiving everyday?

Nannie with all four of the granddaughters.
My bestfriend and the one that helps me keep it somewhat together.

No comments: