Sunday, December 6, 2009

Conversation of the Day!

I have had so many people kindly ask me lately when we are going to get our little girl. Oh, how I wish I had an answer. I just say, "When God says it's time." Well this morning was no different. After a wonderful Sunday School class, I was walking into church. A very kind, older gentleman stopped me and asked, "When are you going to get that girl?" I gave him the same answer as usual and said that we are anticipating sometime in the Spring. He then took me totally off guard when he proceeded to say, "Are you sure you really want to do that? You already have a beautiful family? I don't know why you would want to add another." I quickly told him, "Yes, sir! We are positive that is what God has called us to do." He seemed totally shocked that we would even think about adding another child to our family. I don't know if he meant this because of the number in our family or because of the fact that we are adding one more race to our family. I think I probably had to pick my teeth up off the floor as I quickly walked to my seat. When I told my husband what he said we both looked at each other in shock that someone would really say that. I know it isn't common for people to adopt from another race, but did God really call us to do the common thing? I don't think so. Was this my original plan? No! Is God's plan SO MUCH BETTER? You better believe it is! As I intently listened to the pastor's message, I heard God's words speaking to me. Here is what I heard, "God sent his son, Jesus, to Earth and He was humiliated for my sake that I might rejoice. If he cared enough to do that for me, then I ought to care for others." (Acts 8:26-40) Sounds like a message many of us needed to hear. Me especially, since such a conversation often causes us to ask ourselves, "Did God REALLY say that?" Thanks, Pastor, for confirming to me that Yes, He really did say, "Follow me."(Mark 1:17)

As I thought hard about this, I kept thinking about a blog post I read last week, from Amy, at Building the Blocks. She has such a wonderful way with words and I hope you will hop over to her blog and read what she says. She put my thoughts into such beautiful words. Thank you Amy!

1 comment:

Brandee said...

Thanks so much for the comment on my blog!!! I live in TX too! I was very pleased with Ann at Red threads. She even called me once to verify the care package info. I tried to hold back my Texas accent! :) :) If you have my email addy from the yahoo send me and email! :)