Sunday, August 23, 2009

A NEW YEAR....NEW OPPORTUNITIES!

I've rearranged my classroom, gone to workshops, read, planned, shopped, gotten haircuts(and colored unfortunately), cleaned house, done all the laundry, etc., etc., etc....

Now it's time for a new school year.

I can look at it with dread as I have to start getting up early once again and
I know there will be kids that will try my last nerve,

OR....

I can look at it with excitement, knowing that God has blessed me with another day, and He alone has given me the ability to teach kids from every walk of life.
He has blessed me with a job for which I am exceptionally thankful, some wonderful new friends, and new experiences every day. So for today, I will say...

This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!

At this moment I will get to meet 85 new students tomorrow and I pray I will get to share the love of the Lord with each one of them throughout this school year. Yes, I teach in a public school, so I can't TELL them about Jesus, but it is my heart's desire that my life will be a light on a hill that can not be hidden! I hope I can SHOW them my JESUS!

My youngest son, just came through the door aand told me he was leaving to go to the school to pick up his
"Last, first day of school shirt!"

He didn't really say that and not expect tears from mom did he?
Yes, that brought tears to my eyes as I realize my babies are growing up so quickly
and this is his senior year.
So,
Rather than ever have an empty nest I also look with anticipation on the day (hopefully soon), that we will bring our little girl home from China. This Thursday we go for our fingerprint appointment, so hopefully our dossier will be on the way to China within a month!

2 comments:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

Great shirt!! I can certainly understand why it makes you sad. :( Next year my first baby will get his last, first day of school shirt. :( waaaa!!

Your Christian influence (sans words) will make a HUGE difference in the lives of each student, I just know it. The love of Christ should always shine brightly...especially in our actions. The world DOES see a difference. I'll pray for you as you start your new year. :)

Jean said...

We are going for our fingerprints on the 16th- it all feels so slow but at least it is moving in the right direction! Praise the Lord!!

It is so hard to have these wonderful children grow up so fast- god is so good to allow us to bring the joy of another child into our home.
Blessings to you Suzette!

Jean from MN