Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Unique....different.....special


In reading through my newest Homelife magazine I found an article on the back page that really caught my attention today. Just to make sure I give due credit and don't take it on my own, make sure and take a look at Homelife if you need a good magazine.

The article brought to my mind how we are each so individual and how God created each one of us in His image to reflect part of His image. Do you ever wonder why you cry so easily or why others seem to be so unemotional? How quickly are we to judge others, especially in a crisis, as having a lack of heart because we think they don't cry enough, or still others as needing to "get over it" when they cry for too long.

Have we stopped to think that each one of us are unique and we are all displaying just a small part of HIS image? Can you imagine God saying this to you:

"I wanted someone to share My tears, so I carved you from
the most tender part of My heart.
I have created others to be the strong presence in crisis,
and still others to be the muscles for the weak. "


How do you display HIS character?

There have been some seasons of my life that have brought bucket loads of tears that I thought would never dry up. It was during one of these seasons that I learned how He catches my tears and holds each one. One of my dearest friends gave me a little keepsake as a reminder that we are to bear one another's burdens and that there is never a wasted tear to our Heavenly Father.

" You number my wanderings;
Put my tears into Your bottle;
Are they not in Your book?"

Psalm 56:8 (New King James Version)

No comments: