Thursday, August 6, 2009

Praises and Prayers!

It has been a busy week and I haven't had time to update so here's a great deal of random information that I hope you can share with me in rejoicing and lifting up in prayer.

Some great adoption news, getting us one step closer: We got our confirmation letter from the USCIS last week and our fingerprint appointment. It is set for the first week of school, so we are trying to see if there is any way we can get in a little earlier. I really need to save my days off for our trip to China.

It has been a busy summer with workshops to prepare me for next year. God has been SO faithful sending opportunities our way to help with adoption costs. One workshop was for mentoring and it will pay me at the end of the year. Another was an Apple training for our school computers. These are both wonderful educational opportunities for me, but also God providing an additional income!

My FATHER owns the cattle on a thousand hills, why wouldn't HE provide?

Last weekend our church, First Baptist Church Decatur, had a garage sale to help with our adoption expenses. Even during the heavy rain, people kept coming. We raised $1800.00! Yippee! God is so good! There were many people that donated and I can't begin to thank them all, but we couldn't have raised this amount without every one of them! Thank you all! I would especially like to thank, our middle son, Nathan, for all of his help in picking up and moving items and to Paul and Beth and Ricky and Judy, for their constant help throughout the two days. Stop by their blogs and be blessed. They are wonderful families that have a heart for God and a love for adoption.
This is a small sample of all of the things donated! WOW! It was overwhelming!

On the way to the garage sale Saturday, my mom had to turn around and go to the hospital with my grandmother, thinking she was having a heart attack. Praise God, it was just severe pain and no heart attack. God is so AMAZING!

A few prayer requests:

Our boys have begun football two-a-day practices. Please keep them in your prayers during this heat. I don't know how they do it!

I would also like to ask for your prayers for our friends, The Askey family, serving as missionaries in Mexico. They are doing an incredible work for the Lord. Rebecca has a new blog that will totally bless you and give glory to God. Go check it out and PLEASE leave her a comment!

Brittany, a 10 year old, going through surgery in the morning for a tumor in her ear. She has already lost hearing and I am praying that God will restore her hearing and the doctor's will have wisdom during the surgery.

Healing for another friend's mom in the hospital with a blood clot in her leg.

Our newest friend, Jaden, adopted from China, had her cleft palate repaired yesterday. Asking God for a quick healing and little pain.

No comments: