Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Taste and see


Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

Psalm 34:8

This is the best crop of peaches we have had in years and they are SO sweet. Yes, that is a horse feed bucket that is overflowing. I wish someone had the camera out tonight when I was covered in peach juice up to my eyebrows as we pealed most of them to freeze. I kept thinking of this verse as I was tasting the juicy peaches and how God is so good if we just take the time to truly taste His goodness!

3 comments:

Waitingfaithfully said...

Sweeeetness! Oh those peaches look so good! What a blessing from above! Thank you Lord for peaches. Thank you that we can taste and see that YOU are GOOD!

Love your post below. Hope your new school year is off to a great start. Shine your light, it surely does make a difference!

Love and blessings~

Tina

Lynsay said...

YUUMMMMMY!! I love peaches. No matter how many peaches I try here I'm disappointed, they are NEVER sweet. They are mostly consumed when they are rock hard and taste like an apple, gag me! So glad you had a great harvest!

Jean said...

They look delicious!! What a treat!

We have had a few weeks of good peaches but you really can't count on them being good in MN.

Such a blessing!!
Jean