Monday, October 19, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes...

Teaching 85 sixth graders and having children of my own always give opportunity for a good laugh. Here are just a few statements I've heard lately that are certainly worthy of being remembered. No names are mentioned to protect the innocent and my job!

"My mom thought she was ready to have her baby because she started having 'convulsions.'"

"My mom will be having her baby next week. The doctor is going to euthanize her!" (I quickly reminded this darling student what this word meant and we both got a great laugh.)

When our morning started off crazy I heard, "This is chanos!"(I believe that should be chaos, but whatever, it was crazy!)

1 comment:

Jean said...

I love the funny things kids say!! So innocent and so so funny!!

Sarah has said some good ones lately BUT unlike you- I didn't write them down and of course have forgotten them... bummer!

Thanks for the laugh!!
Enjoy your day!