Monday, December 21, 2009

Holidays with the family

Early this morning I got a text from my hubby saying that our oldest son had finally gotten on a flight. Finally, that is, after spending 24 hours in the airport trying to fly home for Christmas. Oh, the life of stand by travel. Working for the airline certainly has its perks, and I wouldn't trade it for the world, but it can also be a real headache. He was finally on the flight and even got to fly first class. Now I needed to hurry and get to the airport to pick him up.

In the process of hurrying to get ready, I completed ordering a care package to send to our little angel in China for her birthday. I can't wait to get new pictures of her and share them with all of you. I am still counting down to our RA(referral acceptance). Just in case you are wondering we are on Day 48 of this wait from our LID(log in date). Praying it comes soon, so we can start making travel plans.

This is the picture of the care package I sent from Red Threads China.

There is not much of anything better than a huge hug from one of your kiddos and when I got to the airport to get Justin he gave me the biggest hug ever. That does a momma's heart good!

Then it was on to do some final shopping during which I got a text from my youngest son. It said, "We have hope!" What was he talking about I wondered? Well, he was referring to the hope that he was given today that he might get his braces off before his senior pictures in March. Yeah! It really had me thinking though about the hope that we have and how sad it is for those that don't have the hope that we do. I am so glad that my hope comes from my heavenly Father and He renews my strength when I am weary.

but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40:31

Finally, this evening we had an incredible evening with all of our family at my grandmother's apartment. All 23 of our family members were able to be there. We had dinner together, shared gifts and laughed hysterically together. My cousin's husband actually told us that we were a comedy show of our own. Imagine that! You get a bunch of cousins together and that's just how things roll! I think we may have unsettled the nerves of a few of the elderly residents, especially when we needed ice during their bingo game. Oops! Sorry, but we were making memories!
All of the cousins finally in one picture. That doesn't happen often.
So glad we could all be together.

Then we were given a huge surprise for Christmas from my Nannie. I will keep you wondering what it was, but let's just say it took us all by surprise and was way above anything we ever expected. I can't wait to post a few pictures, but due to the fact that my camera is not working I will wait until I get pictures from my sisters. Ok, ladies, send those pictures soon!

Martha Stewart might cringe if she heard this but, my shopping isn't finished, there aren't any packages wrapped, I haven't baked a single thing and my house is a mess, but I have spent a wonderful day with my family and they are all home for the holidays.....It just doesn't get any better than that!

No comments: