Thursday, September 16, 2010

Refrigerator

If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on
it. If He had a wallet, Your photo would be in it. He 
sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every
morning.  Whenever you want to talk, He'll listen.
He could live anywhere in the universe, and He chose 
your heart. What about the Christmas gift He sent you 
in Bethlehem; not to mention that Friday at Calvary.

Face it, He's crazy about
 you!
  
What a joy it is to know that He is 
crazy about me! 
 
I watched the joy in Lia's face tonight  as I asked her if we could 
hang her picture on the refrigerator.  You see, I wonder how many times 
she has ever had someone think she was special enough to hang her artwork
 for all to see.  Can you imagine what it  would be like to live in a home with about 
90 other children all clamoring for attention? 
 
Unfortunately, many children will never experience the joy of pulling 
that new piece of scotch tape and taping that picture in just the perfect place, 
making certain that it had enough pieces of tape so it wouldn't fall.  

Just last week I was looking on the Love Without Boundaries 
 website at the picture of a precious little girl that was Lia's playmate 
just a few months ago. 
 
 
"Rochelle" is still sitting and waiting for a family, hoping that 
someday she too will get to put her picture somewhere special. 
Wondering if she will ever get adopted, because, you see, she has a 
special need.  As I looked intently at her picture, I noticed the sweet 
little girl in the background and the sad look upon her face. 
It only took a second for me to realize that sad little girl in the background
 is now the one that I kiss to sleep every night and tell her how beautiful her 
pictures are everyday.  How I wish I could have held her then and been there to
 comfort her, but God's timing is perfect and May 31, 2010 was the date He had 
planned for our lives to meet. 
What a difference it makes to know you are special!  Please join me 
in praying for little "Rochelle" and maybe even ask God if she could be 
your little girl. 
 
From the sounds of her profile, I bet she has some beautiful artwork
to decorate your refrigerator!

1 comment:

Waitingfaithfully said...

Suzette,

First I just want to say that your post is beautiful, Lia's smile speaks volumes. I pray that someday soon Rochelle's artwork will make her own mama smile. Father please bring Rochelle a mama.

Thank you for sharing your heart . . . you always bless mine!

Love,

Tina