Thursday, December 9, 2010

Paying it Forward

Caring for orphans seems like an impossible task when you think that there are over 
147 million in the world.  
How can you and I make a difference with such an overwhelming number?  
Of course everyone isn't going to go out and adopt, but can't everyone do something? 
As I've been reading through scripture this year, I am more convinced than ever that 
we are ALL called to provide in 
some way, shape or form for the least of these.  As we said prayers tonight,  
I listened to my girls pray for children that have no mommy and daddy and it 
just continues to break my heart.  
So what can I do about it?

I hope you will join us in sending a little something to some of those children without families to love them.  Lia wants to send her friends at the orphanage a present for Christmas and we thought you might like to help.  I LOVE to see who is following my blog and believe me I read every comment.  I see that there are 61 followers and if each of you clicked on the "chip in" button on the right and chip in as little as $2(the price of your Sonic drink) we could make a big difference in a child's life.  It would be REALLY COOL if all of you sweeties that tell me you read my blog would become followers and also add to that number!  I am only leaving this on for two weeks so that I can send our financial gift along with a picture she is drawing to those still waiting for forever families. 

One organization that is making a huge difference in the lives of orphans is Love Without BoundariesIf you look at their home page today you will see our precious girl (on the far right) and the excitement on her face last year when she got some new clothes and shoes.  It wasn't the newest gadget or toys that brought a smile to her face, but simply some shoes and clothes to keep her warm.  You see, it doesn't take much to make a child smile when they know they are loved!

For my friends on facebook, PLEASE take about 30 seconds to click on the video "Focus on Formula" by Suzanne and vote "Love it," to help win $10,000 for LWB to provide formula for orphans.

Whether it is around the world or in our own backyard, I am reminded of Matthew 25:40 when Jesus tells us,
"Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, 
you did it unto me."

1 comment:

Gail Jones said...

Would be delighted to help but rather than clicking on the button here on the website I will give it to you directly at at church.

Gail