Thursday, July 25, 2013

Glory in the garage

Goofy title? Yeah, maybe, but when you read how God showed His glory in my garage I hope it will strengthen your faith like it did mine!

As Andria and I talked about going on this trip, Brandon decided he wanted to go. That was great news, except for the fact that the cost was listed as $3,900-4,200 and multiplied by two it was an amount far beyond what we could even imagine! He really wanted to go so he was willing to help raise the needed funds. During the meantime, we enlisted another traveling partner, Beth.  

As we worked, prayed and planned how we would all afford such a mission trip we made plans for a garage sale at our house a few weeks ago.  The kids all had a great time selling lemonade and helping raise money for their "friends in Ch*na" with no mommies and daddies."
       


Then something totally unexpected happened!  While we were talking,  a man came up and asked if David's car was for sell.  This is the car that was parked in the back of our house that was NOT for sell!  David came in the house and told me about it and I said, "SELL IT!"  

David decided to sell it and The best part was that the young man bought it for the same price David paid for it THREE YEARS AGO! Now, that is ONLY GOD!

Thank you, Lord, for providing what we needed above and beyond what we could have ever dreamed.

It reminds me of the awesome song with the lyrics, I know who goes before me, I know who comes behind, The God of angel armies is always by my side.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

So is David riding a bike to work now!? Haha