Sunday, January 25, 2009

He will hold us until we meet again







How does one say goodbye to their child? Does it really matter if they are an only child or one of many? I heard that statement so many times yesterday. After an 8am basketball game of Tia's we went to Chelsea's funeral. My heart just grieves for her family. I can't imagine anything in life more difficult. Our church was filled with so much heartache as each person said goodbye through a cloud of many tears. Please keep these high school students, family and friends in your prayers in the days ahead.

Immediately after the funeral, we quickly headed to the airport to board a plane for California. In just a few hours I will say "see you later" to my son for the next nine months as he heads to the other side of the world to protect my freedom. Those of you that know me, know I DON'T do goodbye's. Yes, it is difficult, but I know he is in God's hands and whether he is in the states or on the othe side of the world my God never changes. What a comfort and peace I have as I hold to the verse He gave me for Justin many years ago,

"For I know the plans I have for you, plans to give you a hope and a future, plans to prosper you and not harm you, thus says the Lord." Jeremiah 29:11.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

So much for your family and all of the family and friends of this young girl to deal with. Praying for all of you.
Blessings,
Sarah

Waitingfaithfully said...

Suzette,

Thinking of you my new friend, as you go through this tough time.

I am so very sorry for the loss of Chelsea. May the Lord hold closely the many who are grieving.

I will be praying for Justin, and for you, his mama, as he deploys. May the Lord keep Justin safely hidden under the shadow of His mighty wings! And may He give you His peace which passeth understanding as you wait for Justin's safe return.

Blessings to you,

Tina