Saturday, January 3, 2009

Faith

I just found a quote the other day that I wanted to share. It is not the definition I may have given for faith, but one that I really liked.

"Faith is wanting something with all your heart. Faith is taking a chance on something before you are sure how everything will work out. You must dare! Remember, mountain-moving faith is not just dreaming and desiring. It requires action!" Mary Kay Ash

I don't know about you, but I want that mountain-moving faith in my life. I know there are times when having faith means sitting back, being still and waiting on God to work, but like this says there are other times when faith means we move before we have any idea what God is going to do. We just know He is telling us to move. That is exactly what we are doing with the adoption of our second daughter. We know beyond the shadow of a doubt that God is telling us to adopt, but we have absolutely no idea how all of this is going to work out, where the finances will come from or how on earth we will have the energy. Our faith though tells us to move and God will take care of all of the details.

I know this is word, faith, is one I am going to get very familiar with this year. As I am writing this my two oldest children are on a road trip from Texas to California. Yes, big brother talked his younger brother into riding with him and then letting Nathan fly back home. I'm sure they are having plenty of brotherly bonding time on the 20 hour road trip. It certainly wasn't my desire that they drive that far, but it is hard to convince a 19 and 21 year old that they might actually get tired. I am just trying to have faith that they are in God's hands and He is riding with them. Nathan will fly home in a couple of days and Justin will be getting prepared for his upcoming deployment within the next few weeks.

Faith to me is "being fully persuaded that God has the power to do what He has promised." Romans 4:21. I would love to hear what faith means to you.

2 comments:

Mom Of Many said...

Hey there! It is so nice to know that we can pray for each other during our son's depl*yments...

I found the Support Our Tr00ps on Micr0soft (for free)...Email me at APlaceCalledSimplicity@yahoo.com and I will try to send you the hyperlink...if you want...

Love, Linn.

Waitingfaithfully said...

Hello! I just noticed you are following along on my blog, it's so nice to "meet" you . . . my Texas neighbor to the north, fellow military mom, adoptive mom, mom to teens, yes? We have much in common don't we?

Your faith post is great. It sounds like you are in for another exciting God journey! I will be blessed to follow along!

Your blog looks great, pretty background, beautiful music. Great job! I need to get some tunes playing on mine one day soon!

Blessings to you~

Tina