Monday, January 12, 2009

The value of words

After spending the weekend with fever and a stomach ache I took Tia to the doctor this morning. Looks like she just has a stomach virus. Poor thing, she was probably scared to death when the doctor told me I should just sit on her for another 24-48 hours before we do any other tests. The look in her eyes when she heard this told me I better do some explaining! I told her the doctor just meant we didn't need to do anything else for awhile. WOW, what a relief that must have been to her to know that mom wasn't actually going to sit on her.

After getting home and pouring liquids in her I was busy working around the house and she came up and said "Mom, thanks for taking care of me." I explained that this is my job, but boy is it nice to hear such sweet words! She could have had anything she wanted at that point.


On Saturday, I heard the words from my sweet husband, that "I would marry you all over again," as he placed my wedding ring back on my finger that had been at the jewelers.

I wonder how my words sound to others that hear them? Kind of scary to think about at times. For any of you that know how important it is to remember the words of the Lord, Beth Moore has a challenge for us to memorize scripture for 2009. Just remember that it is the word of the Lord that helps us fight the enemy. I don't know about you, but I need His help fighting the enemy! Just look at how Jesus fought Satan in Matthew 4 when He said, " Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God."

My words may not always be pleasant, but I am really trying this year to keep Christ's words on the tip of my tongue. Feel free to join the challenge by dropping by Beth's blog.

"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24

No comments: