Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The importance of words

There will be no pictures for now, since my camera was dropped yesterday and broken while two sisters where trying to capture the following hairdo.  Glad Aunt Sherri was able to get the picture and share it with me.
I am constantly trying to teach my students the importance of the meaning of words and using them properly so I guess I better take my own advice.  It is amazing how quickly Lia is picking up English especially since she mimics everything we say.  Just a couple of days ago I heard her say, "Oh my gosh!"  I told her "Oh my goodness" really sounds better so she is so cute and is constantly saying, "Oh my goodness,"  with the sweetest little voice.  Tonight as I was trying to give her medicine to her she thought maybe she had a choice in the matter and said to me, "I'm not sure?"  Unfortunately, she didn't have a choice, as she repeated herself again and grudgingly took her meds.  It is very obvious which ones don't taste too well.  Hopefully this one won't be a forever medicine, like the other one probably will.  Each new day we are experiencing the newness of her precious language and we especially love it when we say, "I love you" and she says, "I love you more!"

We went for xrays again today to make sure there wasn't too much fluid building up around her heart and lungs.  The cardiologist wanted to look at the xray while we were there and she said everything looked about the same.  There is some fluid, but not too much and it isn't increasing so they seem to think this is ok and she is recovering well. 

1 comment:

Waitingfaithfully said...

Happy to hear things are going well (other than the camera, boohoo). We had an "oh my gosh" vs. "oh my goodness" conversation tonight, while on a walk. :)

Lia is amazing me with her communication skills!! Way to go Lia!

Love the sunrise pictures! Thanks for the updates.

Blessings~

Tina