Monday, November 10, 2014

November 10-Birthday Blessings

I will most gladly boast...about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may reside in me.
2 Cor. 12:9

When I am weak, then He is strong.  Everyday, I am reminded in some way how very weak I am; whether actually in strength, or in the way I respond or fail to respond.  Weakness is not something we delight in, but I see that it is when I am truly weak, that I give Him the opportunity to show off His strength. 

Yesterday, I celebrated another year of life with my friends and family and today, on my true birthday, I was blessed to have a quiet evening of celebration at home. I am blessed beyond measure to have such an awesome family with whom I can share these special moments.  As a mom, it is so easy to believe the lies of the enemy and feel like such a failure at times. I am reminded tonight that the still quiet voice of My Heavenly Father tells me that He has come to give me life and give it in abundance
(John 10:10). My precious children were quick to remind me how OLD I really am, and I am reminded of my Sunday School teacher years ago who always told us she was, "40 Blup years old." She never revealed how many years the "Blup" stood for, but I am there!! I am discovering that each of those years are so very precious through the good times and bad and each one leaves with it a trail of memories to treasure.

The things that brought me joy yesterday and today were not the gifts that I received, but the special people who gave them and the love with which each one was given.  This morning, I was met with homemade cards and muffins with a candle on top from my two sweet girls. Then, as I drove up this afternoon my soon to be 4 yr old granddaughter was ecstatic to show me her little card where she had written her name. My husband brought me lunch, flowers and a gift to school today, and yesterday I was blessed with beautiful gifts and cards from the rest of my sweet family. Tonight, I sat and read every Facebook message and thought about each name and the memories of each person. Whether we barely know each other, only met once or have a lifetime of memories, each message was special because someone took the time to think of me.

I pray that in my weakness each person who crosses my path in this journey of life may see 
His strength. 
THANK YOU, LORD FOR BLESSING ME WITH ANOTHER YEAR TO CELEBRATE 
WITH SO MANY SPECIAL PEOPLE!

No comments: