Thursday, November 6, 2014

November 5 - Living Sacrifice

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 
Romans 12:1

The word sacrifice doesn't have a very pleasant ring to it! We each make daily sacrifices-sometimes with a good attitude and other times, sadly, our attitude isn't very Christlike.  We generally think making a sacrifice is a bad thing, when in reality it may be THE BEST thing we have ever done.  Here are just a few times I've felt like at the time were a sacrifice, when in reality it ended up as some of the greatest blessings of my life. 


Times when I have been very hesitant to spend money, 
thinking we should be saving it, have been the times when we have some of 
the sweetest memories. Ones that can never be replaced. 

When I was so hesitant about taking my son to China with me due to the cost of two of us going, I found that God provided every penny and 
I experienced the sweetest times watching him interact with such
precious babies. 
 When I was NOT thrilled about sacrificing the foods I liked to eat, I realized that the memories made around a table were sweeter than any food 
my taste buds would ever enjoy.
 When I sacrificed being an "empty nester" God gave me a far greater 
blessing than I could have ever imagined. 
 When I gave up an evening of relaxing at home for a walk, I experienced His glory more than any computer or television.
When I chose to give up a much higher paying job and less stress, I chose to teach and it is little reminders like this that make it worthwhile.

So, the next time you dread making that sacrifice, whether money, time, or comfort, remember that it could very well be one of the greatest blessings of your life!

P.S. Please don't misunderstand me! These are just things I have personally experienced and I would NEVER compare my small sacrifice with the ULTIMATE SACRIFICE my Saviour made, or the men and women protecting my freedom make on a daily basis!

No comments: