Monday, November 3, 2014

November 3- The Rock of Our Salvation

Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the 
Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before him with thanksgiving
and extol him with music and song. 
Psalm 95:1-2

Singing for joy is not something we do very often outside of church or musical events. How about shouting aloud to the Rock of Our Salvation? This morning as I drove to work I wanted to sing for joy to the Lord. I was thankful no one was in the car with me, but it felt good to sing to the Lord, knowing that He delights in hearing my praise even if it isn't in tune.

So many times we make excuses for why we can't sing, serve, give, etc.  David and I just had this conversation yesterday about how we can always find an excuse for anything.  The things that are important are the things for which we will make the time, effort and money.

Tonight, as I walked in front of the casket of a young man, 23 years old, who went to school with my son, I was reminded how quickly life can pass us by and be gone.  My heart breaks for his family and his young children.  I pray that they can lean on the Rock of Our Salvation and know the comfort He gives.

It is my prayer that everyone of us will stop making excuses.  May we sing and shout and come before Him with Thanksgiving.  May we take the time for those who are important to us. Maybe He is calling you to step out in faith and give a little extra to someone in need, become a foster parent for a hurting child, take that step toward adoption even if the finances seem impossible.  Whatever IT may be,  we aren't promised tomorrow; pray about it and take that leap....sing, shout, and come before Him with Thanksgiving.
Traveling to China with these two gave me plenty of reason to sing and shout His praise~
Is there anything more precious than laughter from a child?
 
Dancing with my son brought lots of laughs!


No comments: