Thursday, November 13, 2014

November 11-Devotion

This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. 
And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. 
(1 John 3:16 NIV)

There's no other group more devoted to each other than members of our military. They have each other's backs in the good times and bad. They are committed to protect and save the lives of their own, no matter the cost. I am proud of the time my oldest son spent in the USMC; not only did it teach him a great deal, it also taught our family a new level of respect for our military. It saddens me that so few people have a respect and admiration for those who protect us everyday.


Today, I had the wonderful opportunity to stand around the flag pole with 200+ students and faculty as we watched students raise the flag, sing, and say the Pledge of Allegiance. I hope in some small way they were able to appreciate their gift of freedom and gain a greater respect for those who protect that freedom. Knowing the grief one of those families has had to endure for my freedom makes me treasure it even more. Thank you, to each man or woman  who has taken on this duty-you are the picture of a
True HERO

 .                                  

                             




No comments: